So my first big assignment for my Freshman Composition class is due this Friday. It’s an essay about the media’s influence on my life. It seems like an easy task, being that all I have to do is write about myself, but I’m actually finding it quite difficult. Lately I haven’t been feeling well and I’m losing motivation to finish my paper. Even though I’ve already written 5 drafts, there’s still many revisions needed. I want to succeed, but these negative feelings are making it hard to continue. I sound dramatic because it’s only an essay, but I know I’ll be in distress if I don’t do well. One of my highest strengths is self-regulation. When I get upset like this I step back and remind myself that these negative feelings are only temporary. It helps me keep the bigger picture in mind -that all this work is going to benefit me in the future. I’m going to go to the writing center one last time tomorrow for my paper’s final revisions and then turn in my essay Friday. Self-regulation helps me deal with my emotions. I hope to get better at separating facts from feelings because sometimes I’m too emotional over things that don’t you don’t need to be emotional over.
Thank you
Word count: 216
No comments:
Post a Comment